Ventura Attic Insulation Services
Providing Reliable and Trustworthy Attic Insulation Services in Ventura & Beyond
At TriCounty Services, we realize that if you are like most people, you don’t think about your attic very often. If you’re like most people, you probably don’t even remember the last time you were in your attic. While some properties have finished attics that are fully insulated, most are open spaces that can become drafty and sources of energy loss.You may not have realized how vital your attic is to maintaining temperature control within your home, but now you know. If you have an unfinished attic, our Ventura attic insulation services experts can inspect your space and help improve your energy-efficiency today! In our area, many attics are minimally insulated or completely uninsulated. The weather in Southern California leads many homeowners to assume that attic insulation is an unnecessary expenditure, but you may be surprised to learn that weatherizing your attic can add value to your home and lead to immediate ROI in more ways than one.
Attic Insulation & Your HVAC System
It may seem unconnected, but there is an important link between your attic and your HVAC system. Ventura attic insulation levels impact temperature control in both the summer and winter months. In the summer, attic insulation helps keep the cool air created by your HVAC system inside your home and the heat it generates from escaping during winter nights. Insulating your attic can help maintain temperature control in your home, and it can also preserve the lifespan of your HVAC system. When your home heating and cooling unit works around the clock to replace escaped energy from the attic, it can take a tremendous toll on the appliance.
- Reduced Heat Transfer: Insulation slows heat transfer from one space to another. When you insulate an attic, it blocks airflow and traps air. During the summer, the roof of your home will bake in the sun and cause your home to heat up quickly if there isn’t any insulation to prevent heat transfer.
- Reduced Moisture Movement: When humidity levels are high, they start in the attic and work downward. Humidity imbalances can increase the “real feel” temperature in your home. Persistent higher humidity levels can also harm the AC coils on unmaintained systems. Insulation can block the air that carrying the humid air through the house.
- Reduced Cooling Inefficiency: When you insulate your attic, it cuts down on the inefficiency of your HVAC system. An uninsulated attic means your cool air can escape, which means your air conditioner needs to work twice as hard to keep your home comfortable. Adding attic insulation to your Ventura home can reduce your cooling inefficiency and yield energy savings. Plus, your home can cool a larger area with less effort during the hot summer months when your attic is insulated.
Reaping the Benefits of Attic Insulation
According to a study measuring insulation benefits, your attic improvements can yield as much as a 116% ROI. You will also make considerable gains towards creating a more energy-efficient home. According to the US Department of Energy, you can work with a home services team, like our Ventura attic insulation specialists, to develop an ROI strategy to save you hundreds of dollars per year upon execution. All of these benefits and savings can be realized by simply insulating your attic space to regulate temperature control and prevent energy loss. It almost sounds too easy to be true! Also, once you’ve completed improvements, you can list the upgrades in any real estate disclosures should you consider selling your home. Energy-efficient homes are very marketable, so adding insulation to your attic can be a beneficial upgrade for your home whether you plan to stay long-term or sell it in the future.
- 6 Easy Steps to Make Your Fireplace Safe For Winter
- Replacing Your HVAC System?
- How to Maintain Your Air Ducts